Last Year’s Keynote Address:
Steve Gaines is Dean of the Bren School of Environmental Science & Management at the University of California, Santa Barbara – a leader in education and research on solutions to environmental challenges. He is a marine ecologist who seeks conservation solutions by linking innovations in ocean science to more effective marine policy, management, and business. His science explores the design of marine reserve networks, climate change impacts on ocean ecosystems, sustainable fisheries management using market based reforms, and the role of aquaculture in meeting the future global demand for food in the most planet friendly way. In each of these science endeavors, he has been a strong promoter of more effective communication of ocean science to enhance its impact.
Dr. Gaines will be speaking on the future of food and how responsible increases in global protein production has to focus on gains in finfish and shellfish production. Aquaculture has a low environmental footprint among protein sources and is a good choice in meeting the future global food gap.
- 9 am - 10:15 am Welcome to Cold Harvest 2018 Keynote
- 10:45 am to 12:00 pm Enhancing Public Trust
- 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm LUNCH AND NAIA AGM
- 1:30 pm - 2:50 pm Transparency in Aquaculture Aquaculture Service and Supply
- 3:20 pm to 5:00 pm Environmental Aspects of Aquaculture Service and Supply
- 8:30 am - 9:50 pm Aquafeeds and Nutrition
- 10:20 to 12:00 Innovation in Finfish Aquaculture
- 12:00 pm to 1:30 pm LUNCH - On Your Own
- 2:00 pm - 4:50 pm Developments in Shellfish Aquaculture Innovation in Finfish Aquaculture